Management science focuses specifically on the development of mathematical models. These models help organizations to try
out various activities with the use of a computer. Modeling can help managers locate the best way to do things and save money
Operations management is an applied form of management science that helps organizations develop techniques to produce their
products and services more efficiently.
- Developed sophisticated quantitative techniques to assist in decision making.
- Models have increased our awareness of complex organizational processes and has aided in the planning and controlling
- Cannot fully explain or predict behavior of people.
- Mathematical sophisticalion may come at the expense of other important skills.
- Models may require unrealistic or unfounded assumptions.